One of my favorite meals ever, is breakfast for dinner.
Since Aric has been in Korea, I have not had much motivation to cook our typical Sunday morning brunch. Instead, the boys and I have been eating breakfast meals for dinner on Friday evenings, after taekwondo.
Our usual stand-bys are waffles or pancakes, but with the abundance of jam and jellies in my house right now, I decided to whip up these bad babies.
These delectable textured drop biscuits are crazy easy and crazy delicious.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 stick (3/4 cup) cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1-1/4 cup buttermilk
*Note: this recipe can easily be split in half to feed a smaller crowd.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Add flour, baking powder, and salt to food processor or large bowl, if you do not have one.
3. Add butter pieces and pulse (or use pastry cutter or two forks, if using bowl) until butter is completely cut into flour mixture.
4. While pulsing (or stirring) drizzle in the buttermilk until dough just comes together and is no longer crumbly.
5. With two spoons, drop biscuit mixture in clumps on two baking sheets.
6. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown.
These delightful little biscuits will become a staple at your breakfast table. Slather them in butter, jam, or gravy; all are delicious. Also, get you an adorable 3-year-old little helper to make your biscuits; I promise they’ll taste better.