I made these little squares of goodness for an all-girls pajama party at my house a couple of months ago, had a hankering for them today, and I thought I’d share the recipe with you guys.
I’m a snacker; I love crunchy, sweet things, and I also love Chex Mix. This recipe combines it all, sweet, salty, crunchy, easy, and oh-so-delicious.
Cinnamon Chex Mix is a perfect snack for the kiddos, to take to parties, have as a snack bowl at game night, and it only has F I V E ingredients!
- 8 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix together white sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Set aside.
3. In a glass measuring cup, melt butter in the microwave. Once melted, stir in brown sugar. Return to the microwave and heat for an additional 30 seconds, making sure to not allow mixture to boil over. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
4. Pour the Chex in a bowl or two. (I prefer to split the cereal between two bowls, equally, in order to coat the cereal thoroughly.) Drizzle the butter mixture over the top and stir gently with a rubber spatula until the cereal is coated completely.
5. Spread the Chex mixture onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Lift and turn with a spatula.
7. Cool and store in an airtight container. Try not to eat all at once!