It is the first day of fall and pumpkin season is fully upon us!
I don’t know about you, but I am not the biggest pumpkin spice latte person. However, I do love just about anything that is a baked good that has pumpkin in it!
Starbucks is infamous for their pumpkin spice lattes, but did you know there are other pumpkin goodies that the coffee chain offers? One of their products on their fall menu is a pumpkin bread.
This perfectly spiced bread is like a pumpkin bread and a pumpkin pound cake had a glorious baby that goes perfect with a good ole cup of Joe.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, salt, baking soda, and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large-sized mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, milk, and egg whites. Whisk until smooth.
- Add in the pumpkin puree and mix well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, stirring until everything is smooth and combined, but careful to not overmix.
- Spray a loaf pan, heavily, with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool completely in the pan before removing.