If you’re like me, sometimes it is hard to figure out what to take to parties.
As part of several groups around the base we live on, I’m often challenged on what to take to events, as far as appetizers go.
While I could come up with a million sweet dishes to carry, I feel as if our savory friends don’t get enough attention.
Enter in: a cheese ball. There are a million variations to a cheese ball, but this one is my favorite.
Make this bad boy for your next office party, pot luck, or game night.
Bacon Ranch Cheeseball
This recipe is super simple and super versatile!
1. Place one 8 ounce block of regular cream cheese and one 8 ounce container of flavored cream cheese, both at room temperature, to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Sprinkle 1 package of Ranch seasoning mix over the top and mix well.
2. Next, add 2 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese to the mixture. Use a spatula and combine mixture all together. Skip arm day at the gym, you’ll get an excellent workout while mixing.
3. Once combined, scrape out cheese mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap. Cover and form mixture into the shape of a ball.
4. Place mixture in the refrigerator to harden back up for a couple of hours. When ready to serve, dump out 1 package of real bacon bits onto a plate.
5. Place cheese mixture on plate of bacon bits and slightly press the bacon bits onto the cheese.
6. Place the cheese ball onto a platter and surround the cheese ball with your favorite forms of crackers, chips, or pretzels.
- 1-8 ounce package of regular cream cheese, softened
- 1-8 ounce container of flavored cream cheese, softened
- 1 package Ranch salad dressing / seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package real bacon bits
- Choice of crackers, chips, or pretzels
- Combine regular and flavored cream cheese in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir in Ranch seasoning packet.
- To the cream cheese mixture, add in shredded cheese. Stir to combine mixture thorougly.
- Turn out cream cheese mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap. Form into a ball and cool in the refrigerator to firm up.
- Dump out bacon bits onto a plate. Unwrap the cheese ball and slightly roll / push the bacon bits into the cheese ball.
- Place cheese ball onto a platter and surround with your choice of crackers, chips, or pretzels.
- Serve cool and enjoy!