Who doesn’t love waffles?
These are the best waffles, ever. And I mean EVER. They are so fluffy, so light, and incredibly easy to make.
I make these quite often for Sunday brunch or when we have breakfast for dinner.
Add these to your breakfast plate and thank me later.
You most likely have every single one of these ingredients at your house at all times.
1. In a large bowl, sift together 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
2. In a small measuring cup, whisk together 1-1/2 cups of milk, 2 egg yolks, and 4 teaspoons of vanilla extract (1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon).
3. In a separate bowl, whisk 4 egg whites until they are thick and slightly stiff. You can either use a hand mixer or whisk by hand, but note that your arm may fall off if you do the latter.
4. Now to assemble the batter: pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture, stirring gently to combine.
5. Stir in the melted butter and then pour in the beaten egg whites. Gently fold the egg whites in until they are just combined.
6. Scoop batter into a oiled waffle iron and cook for several minutes until the waffles are deep golden brown and crisp. Repeat with the remaining batter.
7. Serve waffles warm with butter, syrup, and berries if you are feeling feisty.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract (1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 stick butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a small measuring cup, whisk together the milk, egg yolks, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, using a whisk or hand mixer, whisk the egg whites until they are thick and slightly stiff.
- To make the batter, pour the milk mixture into the dry mixture, stir gently to combine.
- Next, stir in the melted butter, then pour in the beaten egg whites and gently fold them until they are just combined.
- Scoop the batter into the waffle iron and cook for several minutes until the waffles are deep golden brown and crisp. Repeat to make the rest of the waffles.
- Serve the waffles warm with butter, syrup, and fresh fruit.