Who doesn’t love waffles?
These are the best waffles, ever. And I mean EVER. They are so fluffy, so light, and incredibly easy to make.
I make these quite often for Sunday brunch or when we have breakfast for dinner.
Add these to your breakfast plate and thank me later.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract (1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 stick butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a small measuring cup, whisk together the milk, egg yolks, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, using a whisk or hand mixer, whisk the egg whites until they are thick and slightly stiff.
- To make the batter, pour the milk mixture into the dry mixture, stir gently to combine.
- Next, stir in the melted butter, then pour in the beaten egg whites and gently fold them until they are just combined.
- Scoop the batter into the waffle iron and cook for several minutes until the waffles are deep golden brown and crisp. Repeat to make the rest of the waffles.
- Serve the waffles warm with butter, syrup, and fresh fruit.
One thought on “Waffles”