It’s fall, which means it’s officially Crockpot season.
I’ll be honest, I do not use the slower cooker too often though I probably should more since it is so easy! I always find myself not prepping adequately by not starting the dang thing in enough time.
But when I do plan accordingly, this is one of my favorite slow cooker meals. My kiddos love it and I make it when we are craving Chinese takeout.
Slow Cooker Broccoli and Beef
All ingredients are super easy and quite typical of any Asian meal that you most likely have in your pantry.
1. In the insert of your slow cooker, whisk together 1 cup beef broth, 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, and 3 cloves of minced garlic.
2. Gently place 1 pound of sliced beef in the liquid and toss to coat.
3. Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for 6 hours.
4. When done, in a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 4 tablespoons cooking liquid. Pour into slow cooker and stir well.
5. Add your desired amount of broccoli florets to the slow cooker and cook on low for an additional 30 minutes to thicken the sauce and soften broccoli.
6. Serve hot with white rice.
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Broccoli florets, as many as desired (I used 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons liquid from slow cooker
- long-grain white rice, cooked according to package directions
- In the insert of the slow cooker, whisk together the beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic.
- Gently place sliced beef in the liquid and toss to coat.
- Turn slow cooker to low and cook for about 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, in a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 4 tablespoons of liquid from the slow cooker. Pour back into the beef mixture and stir to mix well.
- Add broccoli, stir, and cook for an additional 30 minutes to thicken sauce and soften broccoli.
- Serve hot with white rice.