Po-ta-toes. Boil ’em. Mash ’em. Stick ’em in a stew. (name that movie.)
In this case, you’re going to smash ’em, then slather ’em in butter, garlic, and parmesan.
These babies are so darn good, you will be making them every chance you get.
- 10 baby red potatoes
- 1 stick salted butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large stockpot, place the potatoes in the bottom, cover with a generous amount of water, then salt the water.
- Boil the potatoes until they are fork tender.
- Preheat the oven to the broil setting on high.
- Place the cooked potatoes on a baking sheet covered in foil or lined with a mat. With a fork or potato masher, smash the potatoes until they are slightly flattened and broken open.
- Combine the melted butter, salt, and pepper. Drizzle about a tablespoon (or more) of the butter mixture over each of the potatoes. Then sprinkle the parmesan over the top of each potato.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven for about 6-8 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the tops and edges are turning brown and crispy. *keep a close eye on the potatoes, as the broiler can make the potatoes turn from not done enough to too done in the matter of seconds.*
- Take out of the oven and serve hot with your favorite protein! Enjoy.