The holidays are around the corner. Halloween has come and gone, then it’s Thanksgiving later this month, Christmas, and then a new year will be here.
One of my favorite parts of the holidays is to be with family, continue traditions for my own family, and well, let’s face it, the food.
Holiday food is THE best.
Several years ago, my mom, Julie, made this corn casserole recipe. Since then, we have made it for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and many, many times for dinner.
My husband has a deep, deep love for corn casserole, so I decided to make it to go with his first meal back home after his 8-month deployment. He requested a chicken fried steak with gravy, a loaded baked potato, okra, and corn casserole.
- 1 package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can cream-style corn
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small can green chiles, optional
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray 9″ x 13″ baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix Jiffy mix, whole corn, cream-style corn, melted butter, sour cream, and green chiles, if using. Stir until completely combined.
- Spread evenly in greased baking dish.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes, then remove and cover the top with shredded cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes prior to serving.