Chicken noodle soup is the cure-all for every mood. Are you cold? Eat chicken noodle soup. Are you sick? Chicken noodle soup. Going through a break-up? Girl, get ya a man to make you this chicken noodle soup.
See, it cures everything. I’m totally kidding. But I can only imagine that this hearty, creamy chicken noodle soup would cure my heart if it was broken, because it cures everything else.
My kids love this and boy, is it amazing for leftover night.
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 of 16 ounce package egg noodles
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- To a large pot, combine celery, carrots, onion, chicken broth, and spices. Bring to a boil and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add egg noodles and cook according to package directions.
- Next, add diced chicken and heavy cream. Bring mixture back up to a simmer and allow chicken to heat back up. Adjust for seasonings if necessary.
- Serve with crusty bread or saltine crackers.