Sloppy Joes are a meal I associate with my childhood. My mom would crack open a can of Manwich, sauté some onions and bell pepper with ground beef, and boom, easy weeknight meal.
But as I have entered my own culinary experience with my own kiddos, I find myself gravitating away from the canned stuff and making my own. It honestly is super duper easy and will blow the canned Manwich out of the water.
This recipe is quick, easy, and is a great weeknight meal for everyone. Unless you don’t like Sloppy Joes, and well, that’s just unfortunate.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- pinch red pepper flakes
- In a skillet, add ground beef, bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook over medium heat until meat is browned and vegetables are sautéed.
- To the skillet, add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, water, brown sugar, chili powder, salt, mustard powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns and enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Sloppy Joes”