Give me all of the sweets for Christmas!
This is the time of the year where dieting goes right out of the window. And this Christmas treat is super addictive, hence the name: Christmas crack!
I took this to school and bunco this week and it is a great party favor or to just keep in your refrigerator as a snack!
I probably have every single one of these ingredients in the pantry and refrigerator at all times.
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Place about 1 to 1-1/2 sleeves of saltine crackers on the pan, making sure they are all touching and the parchment or baking mat extends past the edges of crackers.
Combine 2 sticks of butter and 1 cup dark brown sugar into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Let boil for 3 minutes until nice and thick.
Pour immediately over saltines, making sure all of the crackers are completely covered. (You may need to use a spatula and spread over the surface.)
Bake for 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven.
Sprinkle 2 cups of dark chocolate chip morsels over the top and let sit for 5 minutes.
Using a spatula or butter knife, spread melted chocolate over the crackers.
Then, top with chopped pecans if desired.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Once the crackers have set, break into pieces.
Keep refrigerated to avoid chocolate from melting! Enjoy!
- 1 to 1-1/2 sleeves saltine crackers
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups dark chocolate chip morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Place saltine crackers on the cookie sheet, making sure they are touching and the parchment or baking mat extends past the crackers.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar, bringing to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes until nice and thick. Pour immediately over the crackers making sure all are covered completely.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the chocolate chip morsels over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes, then spread the chocolate over the top of the crackers. Top with pecans if using.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours. Once set, break the toffee into pieces and enjoy. Keep refrigerated to ensure the chocolate does not melt!