Making things to take to parties is kind of difficult when your mind immediately gravitates toward sweets.
Every third Friday of the month, I attend a Bunco night with fellow Army spouses. It starts at 6 o’clock, which of course is dinnertime. So, I feel like it is appreciated when people bring/make savory and hearty dishes to eat.
This month, I made this pepperoni pizza pasta salad and let me just say, it was bomb. I didn’t bring much home, so I think it was a hit at bunco too!
This recipe isn’t just for a party, but would be great as an everyday side dish!
- 16 ounce box tri-colored rotini pasta
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 ounce package pepperoni slices, sliced in half
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
- Cook rotini according to package directions and rinse under cold water until the pasta is cool.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, tomatoes, pepperonis, parmesan, mozzarella, and cheddar. Pour vinaigrette over the top of the pasta and stir to coat.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours prior to serving.
Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad
You could use any pasta here, but I find the rotini to coat with the dressing well. Also, you could use black olives, but Kalamata olives are a personal preference.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse pasta under cold water until cool.
In a measuring cup, add 3/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup red wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons oregano, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt. Whisk together thoroughly.
Place cooled pasta, 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes, 1/4 cup olives, 3 ounce package of pepperonis sliced, 3/4 cup grated parmesan, 4 ounces cubed mozzarella cheese, and 4 ounces cubed cheddar cheese in a large mixing bowl.
Pour dressing over the top of the pasta mixture.
Stir to coat all of the ingredients and refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving.