My mom got me an Instant Pot for Christmas and I opened it a little early.
Weird, I know, I haven’t joined the Instant Pot fam yet. But, we live in a tincey-tiny, itty-bitty military house which means our kitchen is small. The last thing I needed was another cooking device. But, I thought, “shoot, why not?”
Turns out, I like it. I’ve used it twice in a week and I plan to implement this thing as much as I can. The way our lives are right now, I can use all of the help I can get!
This was my first go at it and it made a perfect meal-prepped lunch. Such an easy recipe that will now be a part of our revolving lunches!
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
In your Instant Pot insert, place 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1 cup buffalo sauce, and 1/2 cup diced onions, 1/2 cup diced carrots, and 1/2 cup diced celery. Stir around to coat the chicken and vegetables in buffalo sauce.
Set Instant Pot to the “pressure cook” setting for 10 minutes.
After the 10 minutes and pressure has been released, take out chicken breasts and put onto a plate.
With 2 forks, shred chicken.
Add chicken back to Instant Pot with sauce.
Stir to coat completely.
I found these super cool lettuce boats at our local Fred Meyer’s, but you could use any lettuce leaf!
To assemble: take a lettuce leaf and scoop about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture, top with a handful of shredded carrots and diced celery, and top with either ranch or blue cheese dressing.
And that’s it! Super easy, super simple, and super healthy!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- shredded carrots, for serving
- diced celery, for serving
- ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing, for serving
- lettuce leaves
- In the Instant Pot insert, add chicken, buffalo sauce, onion, celery, and carrots. Stir around to coat the chicken and vegetables in the buffalo sauce.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn on to “manual” or “pressure cook” mode for 10 minutes.
- When the 10 minutes has passed and the steam has been released, remove the chicken breasts and place on a plate. Using 2 forks, shred chicken.
- Place chicken back into Instant Pot and toss to coat in sauce and cooking liquids.
- To assemble: take a lettuce leaf and scoop about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture, top with a handful of shredded carrots and diced celery, and top with either ranch or blue cheese dressing. Enjoy!