Y’all, I am a carb queen. Slap anything between a couple pieces of bread and I am in heaven.
Who doesn’t love a good ole grilled cheese sandwich? I know I do, and so do my kids.
This upgraded Philly Cheese Steak Grilled Cheese Sandwich will become a new favorite and is a perfect addition to add to your weeknight menu.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices bread of your choice
- provolone cheese slices
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef with bell pepper, onion, salt, pepper, and garlic. Try to avoid breaking the meat up too small.
- Once the meat is browned, add Worcestershire sauce and remove from heat.
- Butter one side of each of the 8 slices of bread.
- In a cast iron skillet, grill pan, or griddle that has been heated to medium-high, add bread, buttered side down.
- Add a slice or 2 of provolone cheese (depending on bread size), about 1/4 cup meat mixture, more provolone cheese slices, and the other piece of bread, buttered side up.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, flip, and cook other side for 3-5 minutes. Repeat with remaining bread and meat mixture.
- Cut diagonally and serve with fries, chips, or tater tots.
Philly Cheese Steak Grilled Cheese
In a skillet, add ground beef, diced green bell pepper, diced onion, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Brown over medium-high heat without breaking up the meat too much. After the meat is mostly browned, add Worcestershire sauce and adjust seasonings if needed. Remove pan from heat.
Spread butter on one side of 8 slices of bread. In a cast iron skillet, grill pan, or griddle, lay buttered side of the bread down onto the pan, once heated.
Lay slices of provolone cheese on top of the bread. (In my case, I am using 2 slices due to the size of the bread.)
Add about 1/4 cup of meat mixture on top of the cheese.
Add more provolone slices.
Then top with the other slices of bread, buttered side up.
Cook for about 3-5 minutes, then flip to the other side and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
Repeat with remaining bread, meat, and cheese.
Cut diagonally and serve with fries, chips, or tater tots!
One thought on “Philly Cheese Steak Grilled Cheese”
this looks Amazing !