I just have to say, I LOVE my Instant Pot.
I have to admit, it took me awhile to get on the Instant Pot train, but since I’ve joined it, I have been steadily chugging along.
I love love love it. Anytime I find a new way to integrate my IP in my weekly menu planning, I know my dinners are going to be quick, easy, and painless.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-16 ounce box ziti pasta
- 1-15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- Spray the interior of a 6 quart Instant Pot insert with non-stick cooking spray. First, pour in the chicken broth, then the heavy cream. Then, add the salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Add the pasta, but do not stir! If there is a mound of pasta sticking up in a certain place, just mash down with a spoon.
- Evenly pour the crushed tomatoes over the pasta, then sprinkle the basil and oregano over the tomatoes.
- Secure the Instant Pot lid and set the valve to the sealing position. Select manual or pressure cooker mode and set to 7 minutes.
- It will take about 8 minutes to pressurize and then the 7 minutes for cooking time.
- Once the cooking time has passed, let the steam release naturally for about 10 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Add the parmesan cheese and stir everything until it is well combined.
- Serve with additional parmesan and/or fresh chopped basil.
Instant Pot Baked Ziti
Spray the insert of your Instant Pot. Pour in some chicken broth.
Then pour in some heavy cream. Then sprinkle in the salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Dump your box of ziti, but DO NOT STIR.
Then, evenly pour crushed tomatoes in. Sprinkle some dried basil and oregano over the top.
Secure the Instant Pot lid and set the valve to the sealing position. Select manual or pressure cooker mode and set to 7 minutes.
Once the cooking time has passed, let the steam release naturally for about 10 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure.
Add the parmesan cheese and stir everything until it is well combined.
Stir it around and let the cheese melt!
Serve with some added parmesan and/or fresh chopped basil.
One thought on “Instant Pot Baked Ziti”
My son LOVED this. I was scared to make this in my Instant Pot. I followed the instructions just as Shandy listed them and it came out perfect. Thank you again! We will definitely be making this again, Super easy and tasty.