I feel like the hardest meal for me to eat a day is breakfast.
Unless it is on the weekend, I really do not have time to cook a hearty breakfast, which usually means cereal, yogurt, or oatmeal.
These reheatable egg bites are a perfect solution to not having enough time to eat anything of substance during the week. A lot of times, I will make these on a Sunday evening and we will eat on them throughout the rest of the week.
Egg bites are so diverse, as you can put anything you want inside of them! Feel free to half this recipe for a lesser amount.
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a muffin pan with vegetable spray and set aside.
Add a dozen eggs to a bowl. You can easily cut this recipe in half!
Throw in some salt and pepper. I did some course ground and fine ground black pepper!
Add in some sour cream.
Whisk until it is nice and smooth!
Pour half of the egg mixture into a measuring cup.
Throw in your goodies. I added ham, green bell pepper, onions, and some cheddar.
Pour into sprayed muffin cups.
In the second half, I added chorizo, cilantro, tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, and pepper jack cheese.
Stir these items into the other half of the egg mixture in a measuring cup and sprinkle a little bit of cumin and chili powder on top.
Pour into muffin pans with the others until they are about 2/3 full.
Place into preheated oven. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the tops are no longer jiggly.
Let cool in the pan for a couple of minutes.
Here are the ham ones! So yummy!
And the chorizo ones! These will be your absolute favorite.
Scrape around the edges with a butter knife.
And lastly, place cooled egg bites in a container and place in refrigerator!
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup ham, chorizo, or bacon
- 1/4 cup cheese
- 1/4 cup onion, peppers, tomatoes (or all!)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray muffin pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Add in meat, cheese, peppers, onions, and any other ingredients you would like to add. Place in a measuring cup.
- Pour egg mixture in muffin tray and fill to about 2/3 full. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the tops are no longer jiggly.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes inside the pan and then run a butter knife around the edges to loosen up.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and heat up as needed!