This year I chose to have a kitchen windowsill herb garden. I started out with basil, flat-leaf parsley, cilantro, and rosemary.
It has been quite nice walking over to the window, clipping my couple of herbs, and throwing them into whatever dish I’m making.
I don’t use rosemary too terribly often, but wanted to integrate it more into my dishes. So, I came up with this super easy grilled chicken recipe with a rosemary cream sauce over the top.
It is so easy and incredibly tasty!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) salted butter
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to create 4 thin cutlets. Season each side with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter, allow to heat up, and then place the chicken in the pan.
- Cook the chicken on each side for about 4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a clean plate.
- In the same skillet, add the butter and allow to melt. Then, cook the minced garlic for a couple of minutes being careful to not burn. Scrape all of the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in the chicken broth, the heavy cream, and stir. Next, add the salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons of the rosemary.
- Stirring occasionally, let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes or when it has reduced and thickened.
- Add the chicken back into the pan, ladle the sauce of the top, and allow the chicken to heat back up for about a minute.
- When serving, top with remaining 1 tablespoon of chopped rosemary.
Creamy Rosemary Chicken
Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally to end up with 4 thin chicken cutlets. Season each side with salt and pepper. Over medium-high heat, melt some butter and olive oil in a skillet.
Place chicken into pan and cook about 4 minutes per side. Once each side is golden brown, remove to a clean plate and set aside.
In the same skillet, melt the remaining butter. Add the minced garlic, being careful to not burn, and scrape all the little bits off of the bottom. Pour in some chicken broth then add some heavy cream.
Sprinkle in some salt and pepper, then 3/4 of the chopped rosemary. Give it a stir and simmer for about 5 minutes or until it has reduced.
Place the cooked chicken back into the sauce and allow to come back up to temperature.
To serve, spoon sauce over the grilled chicken, and sprinkle with some chopped rosemary.