Now that summer is here, I love a light, fresh, and healthy lunch (or dinner).
This sesame ginger salad with a homemade salad dressing is BEYOND healthy and fresh.
You will love it with the spicy, sweet, umami kicks that make this salad explode with flavor.
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced very thinly
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1-11 ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
- Wonton strips
- To make salad dressing : in a Mason jar,combine olive oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes. Shake until well combined.
- In a large bowl, add the mixed greens, red onion, tomatoes, and mandarin oranges.
- Slice grilled chicken, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and a couple tablespoons of the dressing, then toss to coat.
- Build the salad by placing the greens and veggies onto a plate, top with grilled chicken, drizzle with salad dressing, and garnish with wonton strips.
Sesame Ginger Chicken Salad
First, you are going to make your salad dressing. In a Mason jar, combine olive oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes. Shake until well combined.
In a large bowl, combine your greens, red onions, tomatoes, and mandarin oranges.
Look how pretty!
Slice the grilled chicken, place into a bowl, and sprinkle some sesame seeds over the top. Then drizzle some of the dressing over the top and toss.
Build your salad by placing your greens on the plate, along with the fixin’s, some of the sesame chicken, some fried wonton strips, then drizzle the salad dressing over the top.
You will love this!