I cannot think of any time that pie is not acceptable. Christmas? Pie. Thanksgiving? Pie. Summer barbecue? Pie. Breakfast? Pie.
Pie can be on the menu anytime of the year and anytime of the day. This pie can be accessible to you anytime as well, because it is that darn easy to make.
Tangy, sweet, and refreshing, this easy lemon pie will tickle your fancy as much as it has mine.
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1-1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2-14 ounce cans condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a 9-inch pie plate with vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed graham crackers and 1/3 cup of the sugar and stir to blend, then stir in the melted butter until combined. Press the cracker mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pie place. Bake for 8 minutes.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the condensed milk, egg yolks, lemon juice, and salt on medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the baked pie crust then return to the oven and bake until the center is set when the pan is lightly shaken, about 10 minutes.
- Cool the pie on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Place in the refrigerator until set, at least 1 hour and up to 3 days.
- Just before serving, place some whipped cream over the top of the cooked pie and garnish with fresh lemon slices and lemon zest.
Easy Lemon Pie
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
In the insert of a food processor, crush some graham crackers until they are finely ground.
If you do not have a food processor, an old fashioned Ziploc bag and something heavy will work in crushing some graham crackers.
In a bowl, combine the graham crackers and some granulated sugar. Then drizzle in some melted butter. Stir until completely combined.
Lightly spray a pie plate with some vegetable oil spray. Pour in the graham cracker crumbs.
Push the graham cracker crust into the bottom of the pie plate and up the sides. Place the crust in the oven for 8 minutes.
In the bowl of the stand mixer, pour in some condensed milk, some egg yolks, and lemon juice. Mix on medium speed for 4 minutes, until light and combined.
Pour pie filling into baked pie crust.
Smooth out and then place in oven for 10 minutes or until the center is no longer jiggly when shaken.
Remove the pie from the oven and place on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 3 days.
Right before serving, place some whipped cream on top of the pie, as well as some lemon slices and lemon zest.