This is one of my new favorite salads!
My family was wild about this salad that is tossed in the most delicious and creamy avocado cilantro-lime dressing. There are so many beautiful colors, flavors, and textures to make this salad a flavor explosion and a new staple on your dinner menu.
Try it out, you will fall in love too!
For the salad
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1-15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 orange or red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups fresh sweet corn
- 5 green onions, sliced
For the cilantro-lime dressing
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 large avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- To make the dressing: blend all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Chop romaine, bell pepper, tomatoes, and green onions. Rinse and drain black beans.
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss with desired amount of dressing.
- Serve with a grilled chicken breast to make it a complete meal along with a lime wedge.
Southwest Chopped Salad
In a large bowl, arrange the salad. Start by placing some chopped romaine lettuce in the bottom of the bowl, a can of black beans, some fresh corn off of the cob, some halved tomatoes, some thinly sliced bell peppers, and some sliced green onions.
In a blender, place some cilantro, 1/2 an avocado, a couple cloves of garlic, lime juice, olive oil, vinegar, some salt, and some cumin. Blend until smooth, adding water a little at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.
Spoon some dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
Look at this plate! So delicious!
Serve the salad on a plate with a piece of grilled chicken and a lime wedge.
2 thoughts on “Southwest Chopped Salad”
This salad looks packed with flavor and texture!
It is so good!!
LikeLiked by 1 person