These bad boys will transport you back to the 1960s in the best possible way.
Sweet and tangy and a little bit spicy, BBQ meatballs are a perfect weeknight meal when you are feeling like having a comforting dinner.
Try them, I promise you’ll love them as much as my family does!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons onion, very finely diced
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4-6 tablespoons finely diced onion
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine ground beef, oats, onion, salt, pepper, and milk. Using your hand combine the ingredients and roll into balls.
- Place the flour into a small bowl and dredge each meatball into the flour, then set each meatball onto a baking sheet.
- Place sheet in freezer for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, stir together the ketchup, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, and diced onions.
- In a skillet, heat some olive oil over medium-high heat. Sear meatballs on each side for a couple of minutes, about half at a time.
- Once brown, place meatballs into baking dish. Pour the sauce over the meatballs and place baking dish into oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes. After the time is up, remove from the oven, and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add some ground beef, old-fashioned oats, finely diced onions, salt, and pepper. Pour in some whole milk.
Mix with your hands and form some meatballs. Next, add some all-purpose flour to a bowl. Put a meatball into the flour.
Dredge the meatball in the flour and place on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
And then place in the freezer for 5 minutes or so to firm them up.
Meanwhile, make the sauce. Stir together some ketchup, sugar, vinegar Worcestershire sauce, some more finely diced onions, and a couple of dashes of Tabasco sauce.
Over medium-high heat, heat some olive oil. Place about half of the meatballs into the heated pan. Sear on each side for a couple of minutes.
Remove to a baking dish. Repeat with other half of the meatballs.
Pour the sauce mixture over the meatballs and place into a preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
Remove from oven and let stand for a couple of minutes.
I served with rice and green beans!