A fun spin on a classic burger! These Hawaiian-inspired hamburgers are absolutely to die for.
The sauce is funky and delightful and truly makes this burger shine.
Try it, I dare ya.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 canned pineapple rings
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thick rings
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- salt and pepper, to taste
- teriyaki sauce, as needed
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 onion rolls
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- Green-leaf lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, teriyaki sauce, honey, and cayenne until smooth. Set aside.
- To make the burgers, on a grill pan or outdoor grill, grill the pineapple and bell pepper rings until they have good marks on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Season the ground beef with salt and pepper and form it into 4 equal-sized patties. Cook them over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes on the first side, flip over and add a splash of teriyaki sauce on top of each patty.
- Place a slice of provolone on each burger and let it melt while they cook through, about 4 more minutes or so, until no longer pink in the middle.
- Butter a griddle or separate skillet and grill the buns over medium heat until golden brown. Spoon a little bit of the sauce on each cut side of the buns and allow to slightly soak into the bread.
- Place the patties on the bottom of the buns then top with 2 pineapple slices, then layer with red onion, bell pepper, a leaf of lettuce, and then the top bun.
- Smash all together and serve with the extra sauce for dipping.
In a bowl, whisk together some mayonnaise, teriyaki sauce, honey, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
In a grill pan, quickly grill some pineapple slices and bell pepper rings until there are good marks on both sides. Remove and set aside.
Season the ground beef with salt and pepper, then make 4 equal-sized patties. Cook in a pan for about 4 minutes and then flip over.
Add a splash of teriyaki sauce on top of each patty. Then place a slice of provolone on each patty and let it melt while the burger cooks through. Toast some onion rolls and then spoon a bit of sauce on each side of the bun.
To assemble the burger start by placing a patty on the bottom half of the bun.
Then place 2 pineapple rings on top of the meat.
Add the bell pepper rings and onion slices.
A piece of lettuce and the top half of the bun.