I am really in love with pies these days, but these mini pies… I am obsessed with.
They don’t take very long to bake, you don’t have to slice them, and they give you the perfect little bite.
These little Key Lime pie bites will surely tickle your fancy!
Key Lime Pie Bites
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Place some graham crackers in a food processor, breaking them up as you go.
Pulse them several times so they are mostly broken up. Add the lime zest and sugar.
Continue to pulse while adding the melted butter, until the crumbs are very wet and soft.
Double line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
Scoop some of the crust into the liners and pack them firm with your fingers.
Then use your finger to make a well in each cup.
Bake for 7 minutes until the crumbs start to toast. Reshape with the handle of a wooden spoon if necessary. Set aside to cool.
In a large measuring cup, whisk together lime zest, lime juice, egg yolks, and sweetened condensed milk.
Generously fill each cup with the mixture. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes. Refrigerate until completely chilled about 2 hours.
Sprinkle them with a little zest and a little bit of whipped cream.
Store them covered in the refrigerator and grab one whenever you have a craving.
- 18 graham cracker squares
- 2 heaping tablespoons grated lime zest
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) salted butter, melted
- 1 heaping tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 large egg yolks
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Double line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- To make the crust: place the graham crackers in a food processor, breaking them up as you go.
- Pulse them several times so that they are mostly broken into fine crumbs. Add the lime zest and sugar and continue to pulse while adding the melted butter. Pulse until crumbs are very moist.
- Add tablespoons of crumbs to each cup, about 1-1/2 to 2. Use your fingers to pack them firm, then use your finger to make a well in each cup.
- Bake for 7 minutes when the crusts start to toast. If the crust has lost its shape, use the handle of a wooden spoon to reshape them. Let them cool slightly while making the filling.
- To make the filling: In a large measuring cup, combine the lime zest, lime juice, egg yolks, and sweetened condensed milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Fill each cup generously with the mixture.
- Bake until set 7 to 8 minutes. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle them with extra lime zest and store them cover in the refrigerator. A little whipped cream on top is also very nice.