Snickerdoodle cookies are probably my favorite cookies.
Actually, you know what, they are. Hands-down.
I do not know why I haven’t made any in so long, but we cleared these cookies out in a couple of days and I think I may make some more tomorrow.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and 1-1/2 cups sugar together until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Then, mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Add eggs to the the butter and sugar mixture, then scrape down the sides of the bowl. Turn mixer on low and slowly add flour mixture until well combined.
- Using a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon or cookie scoop to measure dough balls. Roll each ball in your hands to even them out, then roll in cinnamon sugar to thoroughly coat.
- Place the balls on prepared baking sheets, 2-1/2 inches apart, bake for 8-9 minutes or until just golden brown around the edges. Cool for several minutes on the baking sheets before moving.
Preheat oven in 400ºF.
In the bowl of an electric mixer add some butter and granulated sugar. Then cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Beat eggs into the butter and sugar mixture, then scrape down the sides of the bowl. Turn mixer on low and slowly add flour mixture until well combined.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl and scoop out dough in a tablespoon scoop.
Roll out dough between your palms.
In a smaller bowl, mix some more sugar and some cinnamon together.
Roll in the cinnamon sugar to thoroughly coat.
Place dough on prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 8-9 minutes, until golden brown around the edges. Cool for several minutes on the baking sheets before moving to a wire rack.
3 thoughts on “Snickerdoodles”
Made these delicious cookies! They came out spectacular! The cookies were so soft and not too sweet. Every bite was delicious, my family really enjoyed them. Thank you!
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re so sweet, Lourdes! Thank you!