In a large bowl, whisk together some flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
Whisk until just combined, some small lumps are okay, but do not over-mix.
Add in some chocolate chips.
Fold them in and then let the batter sit for 10 minutes.
Heat a large griddle over medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Scoop the pancake batter onto the griddle.
When small bubbles appear…
Flip the pancakes over and continue to cooking on the opposite side until golden brown.
Stack on a plate and serve with butter and with a little hot maple syrup.
Okay, maybe a lot of hot maple syrup.
Boy, oh boy.
So DANG good!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and granulated sugar.
- Add in buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until just combined, some small lumps are still okay.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.Let pancake batter rest for 10 minutes. Do not skip this step!
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Spray with non-cooking spray. Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop the pancake batter onto the griddle.
- Flip the pancakes over when small bubbles appear on the surface and continue cooking on the opposite side until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with butter and hot maple syrup.