All of the delicious flavors of a favorite restaurant egg roll appetizer in a lighter, faster, one-skillet meal.
This egg roll in a bowl is a quick and healthy dinner that is ready in about 20 minutes or less.
So darn good, healthy, and fast!
- 1 pound ground pork or ground beef
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup less-sodium soy sauce
- 1-16 ounce bag coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground meat and cook, stirring, until no longer pink. Drain any fat, if necessary.
- Add diced onion, sesame oil, and rice vinegar to pan with meat. Cook, stirring for a few more minutes, until onions are tender.
- Add garlic, ginger, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, coleslaw mix, and carrots to the skillet. Cook for about 5 to 7 more minutes or until cabbage is wilted.
- Remove skillet from the heat, stir in green onions and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in a bowl with a lime, some hoisin sauce drizzled on top, and some wonton strips, if desired.
egg roll in a bowl
In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook ground meat until no longer pink, breaking it up as you go. Add some diced onion to the ground meat.
Then add some sesame oil and rice vinegar. Cook, stirring until onions are soft.
Then add some minced garlic and ginger. Then add some soy sauce and hoisin sauce.
Then, add a bag of coleslaw mix. And some grated carrots. Cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the cabbage is wilted.
Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in some green onions.
Serve in a bowl with some green onions, wonton strips, a lime wedge, and some extra hoisin sauce drizzled over the top.
Oh my gosh, YUM!