Life has been pretty busy in the Brooks household lately with us getting ready to move across the world and school starting back very soon.
I have been blogging like crazy lately, so I am all for the the easy meals.
This sheet pan fajita meal is one of those that is perfect for weeknights or when you just flat out do not feel like cooking a high-production meal.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander (cilantro)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch thick strips
- 1 of each- red, yellow, and green bell peppers, sliced in thin strips
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lime
- taco-sized flour tortillas
- pico de gallo
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, mix chili powder, cumin, paprika, ground coriander, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Spread bell peppers and onion onto baking sheet. Lay chicken strips on vegetables, sprinkle with garlic and olive oil, and seasoning evenly over chicken strips.
- Toss everything to evenly coat. Spread into an even layer, ensuring the chicken is not overlapping.
- Roast in preheated oven, tossing once halfway through cooking, about 20-22 minutes or until the veggies are tender and chicken has cooked through.
- Wrap tortillas tightly in foil and warm in oven during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drizzle lime juice evenly over the top of the chicken, sprinkle with cilantro, and serve.
- Serve filling warm in tortillas with desired toppings.
Sheet Pan Fajitas
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
In a small bowl, mix some chili powder, cumin, paprika, ground cilantro, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
Spread thinly sliced bell peppers and onion onto baking sheet.
Lay chicken strips over the top of the vegetables. Sprinkle with minced garlic and drizzle olive oil over the top.
And then sprinkle the seasoning evenly over the chicken breasts.
Toss everything together to evenly coat and spread into an even layer.
Roast in oven for 20 to 22 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Toss once halfway through cooking.
Drizzle with lime juice over the top of the chicken, sprinkle with cilantro, and serve.
Serve with some warmed tortillas and all of the fajita fixin’s.