This is one of those southern staples that you either love or hate.
I grew up not liking it because I had only ever eaten the kind you buy in a plastic tub at a supermarket. However, this homemade version will knock your socks off.
We have some of this in our ‘fridge pretty regularly, much to my husband’s liking.
In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, and black pepper.
Add a dash or two of some hot sauce and stir.
Add the pimentos.
And then the cheeses. Using a spatula, stir to combine.
You may need a little sous chef to help stir the cheese together.
Put it in a bowl and serve with pieces of toast, crackers, tomatoes, bell pepper slices, or even on a sandwich.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 4 ounces jarred sliced pimentos, drained
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, grated and kept cold
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated and kept cold
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, black pepper, and Tabasco.
- Add the pimentos and cheeses and then stir to mix and combine. Refrigerate it for at least 2 hours before serving for the best taste.
- Put it into a bowl and serve with toast, crackers, peppers, or even on a sandwich.
- Fair warning, this will be become habit-forming!