I miss Texas, I really do. Everything is bigger and better in Texas, but the Mexican food in Texas is something that I probably miss the most. Oh, and Whataburger.
This Instant Pot carne asada to put inside of a street taco sure did satisfy my hankering for some good Mexican food in a flash!
Though this recipe is for an Instant Pot, you could place inside a slow cooker and cook on low for about 8 hours!
- 2 pounds small stewed beef pieces
- 4 limes, 3 for juicing
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- corn tortillas, for serving
- Place the beef into the insert of the Instant Pot. Add half of the diced onion over the top of the meat, then sprinkle the salt, garlic, cumin, and cayenne pepper over the top. Squeeze 3 of the limes over the top of the meat and add half of the bunch of chopped cilantro. Stir well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set to pressure cook on high for 20 minutes. Release pressure on the Instant Pot once the time is up.
- To serve: inside of a lightly fried corn tortilla, place meat, diced onion, and some chopped cilantro. Serve with a lime wedge. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Carne Asada Street Tacos
In the insert of an Instant Pot, add the beef pieces and half of a diced onion. Add some salt, garlic, cumin, and cayenne pepper over the top of the meat. Then squeeze a ton of limes over the top.
And then top with half of a bunch of chopped cilantro, stir well.
Place lid on Instant Pot and set to pressure cook on high for 20 minutes. Release pressure immediately.
The smell is HEAVENLY! Lightly shred meat with two forks.
To serve, lightly fry some corn tortillas and fill with the meat, cilantro, onions, and a lime wedge.
One thought on “Instant Pot Carne Asada Street Tacos”
Holy Moly! These tacos were certainly easier to make without bringing out the grill. I just tossed all the ingredients into the crockpot before heading to work. After working I make some quick cilantro lime rice and assembled my tacos. Highly recommend this recipe. It was delicious. Thank you again!