I found something my kids like that is healthy. And you know what, it is super good!
These muffins are quite impressive. There isn’t any added sugar, no flour, a lot of fiber from the oats, a lot of protein from the peanut butter, and two bananas.
This muffin recipe is a perfect little addition for your kids lunch or for an after school snack.
- 2 ripe medium bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup almond milk, any flavor
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF then grease a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a blender, add all of the wet ingredients layering the bananas, eggs, peanut butter, vanilla, maple syrup, and almond milk.
- Next, combine the rest of the ingredients: oats, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend for about 30 seconds, or until a smooth batter forms.
- Add the chocolate chips to the blender and gently stir by hand. Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin, so that each well is approximately 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top, then place the muffins in the oven, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes, then enjoy. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Preheat the oven to 350ºF In a blender, add your wet ingredients.
Layer a couple of bananas, eggs, peanut butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and almond milk.
Then, layer your dry ingredients on top of the wet ingredients.
Place in some rolled oats, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
Blend for about 30 seconds or until a smooth batter forms.
Add in some chocolate chips to the blender and gently stir together by hand.
Spray a muffin tin very generously.
Pour the batter into each well and…
Then fill each well about 3/4 full.
Add a few more chocolate chips to the top of the batter.
Place in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes and then enjoy!