It is no surprise that I love my Instant Pot. Place your ingredients in, turn it on, and go on about your business.
Throw in a couple picky kids who don’t like “weird” things, this Instant Pot Chicken and Rice dish is one of our favorites.
It’s 2021, if you don’t have an Instant Pot, do yourself a favor, buy one, and take some of the pressure off of your cooking routine. Pun intended.
Instant pot chicken and rice
Turn Instant Pot on sauté mode. When it reads “hot,” add the olive oil, diced chicken, and diced onion. Cook until the chicken is mostly cooked through and onions have started to soften. Turn off the Instant Pot.
Add in salt, pepper, garlic, and then add in a can of cream of chicken soup.
Pour in some chicken broth.
Pour in a couple of cups of uncooked long-grain white rice. Do not stir the mixture.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot to pressure cook mode and set for 9 minutes, making sure the valve is set on seal.
After cook time has passed, do a quick release, and remove the lid.
Add in some sour cream and parmesan cheese, place the lid back on, set the seal, and let the rice mixture sit for 5 minutes, while the Instant Pot is still off.
Remove lid and stir. Serve with some fresh parsley on top of the mixture.
Serve with a veggie and enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, largely diced
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- fresh parsley, for serving
- Turn Instant Pot on sauté mode. When it reads “hot,” add the olive oil, diced chicken, and diced onion. Cook until the chicken is mostly cooked through and onions have started to soften. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add the salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the chicken. Stir in the cream of chicken soup and chicken broth. Dump in the rice and do NOT stir.
- Place the lid on, tighten, and make sure the valve is sealed. Turn on the Instant Pot to pressure cook mode on high and set for 9 minutes.
- After cook time has passed, do a quick release, and remove the lid. Add in the sour cream and parmesan cheese, then place the lid back on. Set the valve back to seal and let the rice mixture sit for 5 minutes, with the Instant Pot still off. This will allow the cheese to melt and the sauce to thicken.
- Remove the lid, stir, and serve with some fresh parsley on top.