Pepperoni chicken is a fan favorite in our house and a meal I can throw together quite quickly. I almost always have all of the ingredients on hand, which makes those nights where I don’t know what to cook, a lot easier.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-5 cups good-quality marinara sauce
- 2-3.5 ounce packages sliced pepperonis
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- basil leaves, for serving
- cooked pasta, for serving
- Use a sharp knife to slice the chicken breasts in half through the middle, so that you wind up with 4 thinner chicken cutlets. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a heavy skillet, melt the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until it has nice color on the outside and has cooked through, about 2-1/2 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken to a clean plate.
- Pour the marinara sauce into the pan and stir to heat through.
- Nestle the cooked chicken cutlets in the sauce, flip over so that both sides are covered, then arrange the pepperoni slices on top of each piece of chicken. Then, place mozzarella on top of the chicken. Cover the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Place some pasta on a plate, scoop plenty of the marinara over the pasta, lay the prepared chicken breasts on top, and then top with some fresh basil.
Grab a couple of boneless skinless chicken breasts. And then cut them in half horizontally to create 4 thinner pieces of chicken. Season each piece of chicken with salt and pepper.
In a heavy skillet, melt some butter and olive oil over medium heat.
Add the chicken and cook until it has nice color. Cook for about 2-1/2 minutes per side.
Once the chicken is done cooking, remove to a clean plate.
In the same skillet, pour in some good quality marinara sauce and stir until it is heated through.
Nestle the chicken cutlets in the sauce and then flip the chicken over to coat both sides.
Arrange a few pepperoni slices on each piece of chicken.
Place some mozzarella on top of the pepperoni.
Cover the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Or until the cheese has completely melted.
To serve, place some cooked pasta on a plate.
Scoop plenty of marinara over the pasta.
Then lay the prepared chicken on top of the pasta and top with some basil leaves.