You know those beautifully large double chocolate chip cookies that you would find in a bakery? These cookies are quite similar to those, but I made them smaller and a bit more bite-sized for the kiddos and because, well, I need little snacks throughout the day.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together some all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, add a stick of butter and some brown and granulated sugar.
Cream together for a few minutes until light and fluffy.
Add the melted chocolate, egg, and vanilla extract. Continue to beat until fully combined.
Add half of the dry ingredients into the mixer and partially mix.
Then add the other half of the dry ingredients and continue to mix on low until the dough is completely mixed together.
Add in some chocolate chips and mix with a spatula.
Using a cookie dough scoop, place dough in rounded scoops about 2 inches apart on a prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 12-14 minutes and let cool on a wire cooling rack.
These cookies are beyond delicious!
Seriously, tastes like it came straight from a bakery.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter with the brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Once combined, mix in the melted chocolate, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Turn off the mixer and mix in about half of the flour mixture until mostly combined, then beat in the second half until flour is no longer visible.
- Fold in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- Using a cookie dough scoop, scoop out dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool slightly on baking sheet, then move to a wire cooling rack to continue to cool.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.