Need a kid-friendly St. Patrick’s Day party food? Or just an all-around good snack? Look no further.
This Muddy Buddy concoction is delightful and has a St. Patrick’s Day edge with the green candies and the marshmallows from Lucky Charm’s cereal.
St. Patrick’s Day Muddy Buddies
In a large bowl, add in 4-1/2 cups of Rice Chex.
In a smaller microwaveable bowl, add in chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter.
Microwave on high for one-minute while uncovered. Stir until melted and smooth.
Pour peanut butter mixture over the cereal.
Stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
In a large resealable bag, add in some powdered sugar. I added in some green sprinkles, which are totally optional.
Add in the coated cereal, seal the bag, and shake well to coat all of the cereal with the powdered sugar.
Pour the cereal back into a bowl.
Then add in green candy-coated chocolates and Lucky Charm marshmallows.
Then serve! Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
These muddy buddies will be your favorites!
- 4-1/2 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup green candy-coated chocolate candies
- 1/4 cup Lucky Charms marshmallows
- Place the cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter uncovered on high for one minute, then stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal and stir until evenly coated.
- Place the coated cereal mixture into a resealable bag, then add the powdered sugar.
- Shake the bag until well coated, then pour the cereal back into a serving bowl.
- Mix cereal with the chocolate candies and marshmallows.
- Store the muddy buddies in an airtight container.