These oatmeal scotchies are a fun twist on the traditional oatmeal cookies.
Loaded with butterscotch morsels, these cookies are beyond delicious.
Oatmeal cookies are perfectly cooked when they are a bit crispy on the edges, but perfectly soft and chewy in the middle.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups oats
- 1-2/3 cups butterscotch flavored morsels
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter with the granulated sugar and brown sugar. Cream until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, then continue to beat until combined.
- Add in the flour mixture gradually, until you can no longer see any dry ingredients
- Stir in the oats and the butterscotch morsels. Cover the bowl of the dough with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375ºF. Prepare a couple of baking sheets by placing either parchment or a silicone mat on the baking sheets.
- Drop cookie dough on the prepared baking sheets by rounded tablespoons.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes for a chewy cookie or 9 to 10 minutes for a more crispy cookie. Cool on baking sheets for a couple of minutes and then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
*I halved this recipe in the pictures below*
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Cream until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
Add in eggs and vanilla extract. Continue to beat until combined.
Gradually add in the flour mixture and mix until there are not any visible dry ingredients.
Stir in some old-fashioned oats and butterscotch morsels.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375ºF and prepare a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper.
Drop dough onto prepared baking sheets by rounded tablespoon.
Bake for 7-8 minutes or until crunch around the outside and soft in the centers.
Cool on baking sheets for a couple of minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Oatmeal scotchies can be kept at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days.