Happy National Beer Day!
Beer is cheaper than water here in Deutschland. It is free-flowing everywhere and is placed in a lot of foods. But a cookie? Are you skeptical? Well, don’t be!
These cookies are the perfect amount of hoppy and have the little bit of spice that comes from the addition of cinnamon.
Likely you have everything for these cookies on hand, so why not enjoy an amazingly perfect beer cookie on National Beer Day?!
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark beer
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Prepare a couple of baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add egg yolk and vanilla extract, then continue to mix until just combined. Add the beer and mix again on low. The mixture will look slightly curdled.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Mix until just combined.
- Scoop out cookie dough by the rounded tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes and immediately remove cookies from baking sheet and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Brown Sugar Beer Cookies
Preheat oven to 325ºF and prepare a couple of baking sheets by lining them.
In the bowl of stand mixer, cream together some butter and brown sugar. Add in an egg yolk and vanilla extract.
Pour in some dark beer and continue to mix until it is completely combined.
Add in the dry ingredients : flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cornstarch and cinnamon.
Mix until just combined.
Scoop out the dough by the tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheets.
Space the cookies about 2-inches apart.
Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately take the cookies off of the baking sheet to cool completely.
And enjoy with a nice cold glass of beer!
One thought on “Brown Sugar Beer Cookies”