I think that we’ve established in the last almost-two-years that I am a cookie fanatic. They are just simple and easy to grab one out of the cookie jar and have a little bit of a sweet bite when you need something quick.
I am obsessed with these cookies and find myself taking them to pot lucks or to friends. I also stuck these in my Christmas goodie bags last year.
A delightful mix of brownies in a cookie form, topped with a little bit of flaky salt, these cookies are absolutely lovely.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- flaky salt, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Place the chopped semi-sweet chocolate and butter in a double-boiler over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine eggs, granulated and brown sugars, and vanilla. Whisk until the mixture is combined. Reduce speed to low and beat in melted chocolate for 1 minute.
- Add in the flour mixture slowly and continue to mix on low for about 20 seconds, just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- Use a cookie scoop that has been coated lightly with nonstick cooking spray to form the cookies. Space cookies about 3-inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 12-14 minutes, or until tops are shiny and crackly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with flaky salt. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days.
salted brownie cookies
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together some all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
In a double boiler over simmering water, place some chopped chocolate and half a stick of butter in a bowl.
Slowly melt the chocolate, whisking until smooth. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, Whisk together some eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
Reduce the speed of the mixer to low and beat in melted chocolate until smooth.
Add in the flour mixture and continue to mix on low, until just combined.
Fold in some semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop out cookies onto prepared cookie sheets, about 3-inches apart.
Bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes, or until tops are shiny and crackly.
Sprinkle with flaky slat and let cookies cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.