In military housing, it is not always easy to get out and start up your grill. Thankfully, we have a decent-sized backyard, but often it is still hard to get out and fire it up.
Between that and the ever-changing weather that we have seemed to experience so far, it can be easier to make burgers, steaks, and other traditionally grilled items, inside the house.
This also includes these deconstructed sheet pan kebabs! Easy, quick, and absolutely delicious, these kebabs can be made any time of year, rain or shine, grilled or baked!
- 1-1/2 pounds beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red onion, largely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, largely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, largely diced
- 4 ounces baby bella mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4-5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large measuring cup, mix together all of the marinade ingredients.
- Place all of the vegetables in a large resealable plastic bag, then layer the cubed steak on top of the vegetables inside the bag.
- Pour the marinade over the vegetables and the steak, seal the plastic bag, and squish the bag around to allow the marinade to soak into everything. Marinate the mixture in the refrigerator for 1-6 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400ºF. Cover a large baking sheet with foil.
- Add steak and vegetables to the baking sheet in a single layer. Discard all remaining marinade.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the steak is cooked thoroughly.
Deconstructed Sheet Pan Kebabs
In a large measuring cup, make the marinade.
Whisk together some low-sodium soy sauce, olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, sliced garlic cloves, dried oregano, dried basil, and black pepper.
In a large resealable plastic bag, add in largely diced red onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms.
Over the chopped vegetables, place 1-1/2 pounds cubed sirloin steak.
Pour the marinade over the vegetables and steak.
Seal the bag and squish the marinade into the vegetables and steak. Refrigerate for 1-6 hours.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with foil. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Oh my YUM! *enter mouth-watering emoji*
Sprinkle some parsley over the top and devour.