I love my Instant Pot, I think we have established this already! Any meal that I can get on the table within 30 minutes and have minimal cleaning, I am here for.
This meal is perfect for that and reheats very well. Oh and the kids love it, too!
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken breast cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 10 ounces spaghetti noodles, broken in half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Turn on sauté mode on the Instant Pot. Once it reads “hot,” add the butter to the insert and melt.
- Add onions, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook until veggies are softened, about 5 minutes. Add the seasoned salt, paprika, basil, red pepper flakes, and then stir. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Lay chicken breast pieces in a layer over the veggies and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the chicken broth, then spread the spaghetti noodles within the Instant Pot. Push the noodles down so they are covered by the broth. Place lid on, ensuring the valve is sealed.
- Press the “pressure cook” or “manual” button on high pressure mode for 8 minutes.
- Once timer is done, do a quick release by moving valve to vent. Open lid and stir. Add heavy cream, cheddar cheese, and cream cheese, then continue to stir.
- Press “cancel” and select the “sauté” mode and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the cheeses have melted.
- Serve with green beans and a crusty piece of bread!
Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti
In the insert of an Instant Pot that is set on “sauté” mode, melt some butter along with some diced onions, bell pepper, and minced garlic. Cook until veggies start to soften.
Add in seasoned salt, paprika, dry basil, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine and turn off the Instant Pot.
Lay the chicken breast pieces in a layer over the veggies.
Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
Pour the chicken broth over the mixture.
Then the spaghetti noodles.
Push the noodles down so they are covered by the broth.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot, making sure the valve is sealed.
Press “pressure cook” or “manual” on high pressure for 8 minutes.
Once timer is done, do a quick release. Open the lid and stir.
Add in some heavy cream, cheddar cheese, and cream cheese, then continue to stir.
Press the “cancel” button and place back on “sauté” mode and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring to thicken the sauce.
Literally, 30 minutes and you have chicken spaghetti!
Sprinkle some fresh parsley over the top and serve with some green beans.