Our rule of thumb in the Brooks’ household is to have a pretty light lunch.
However, sometimes that can get boring and just blah.
So, I have been racking my brain trying to come up with different lunch ideas and I came up with this one!
A BLT lettuce wrap, but with the addition of some chicken, makes for a perfect light and healthy lunch!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 5 strips of bacon, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- large lettuce leaves for serving, I used romaine lettuce
- In a large mixing bowl, add shredded chicken. *Rotisserie chicken works great in this recipe!*
- Add in the chopped bacon, green onions, tomatoes, mayonnaise, and black pepper.
- Stir to evenly coat the chicken and vegetables, adding more mayonnaise if the mixture seems a little dry.
- Serve with lettuce leaves and use the chicken salad as a filling.
- BLT Chicken Salad can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 days.
BLT chicken SALAD
In a large mixing bowl, add shredded chicken.
To the bowl, add chopped bacon, green onion, cherry tomatoes, mayonnaise, and black pepper.
Stir until everything is evenly coated, adding more mayonnaise if mixture seems too dry.
Serve with romaine lettuce leaves and enjoy!
One thought on “BLT Chicken Salad”
Looks beautiful and I’ll bet it tastes delectable.