Do you love an Italian sub sandwich, but you want to skip the bread?
Look no further! This Italian Sub Salad is a delicious and light lunch. For those who love the flavor of a sub sandwich, this salad is the perfect thing for you.
We eat this salad quite often on weekdays for lunch and we absolutely love it!
- romaine lettuce, shredded
- salami, sliced and cut into squares
- pepperoni, diced
- mozzarella, slices or cut into small squares
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup banana pepper rings
- 1 white onion, sliced into strips
- dried basil, for topping
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- SALAD : In a large bowl, layer the salad ingredients. First, start with the romaine lettuce and then layer all the rest of the ingredients on top of the lettuce. Sprinkle dried basil over the top of the salad.
- DRESSING : In a large bottle or jar with a lid, add all of the salad dressing ingredients. Shake vigorously until the oil and vinegar have emulsified.
- To serve, drizzle salad dressing over the top of the salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Store leftover salad dressing in refrigerator for up to 4 days, making sure to shake before serving.
Italian sub salad