Happy National Rotisserie Chicken Day!
Often on days that I do my grocery shopping, I’ll pick up a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket or I’ll grab a chicken from the chicken man (German friends will understand!).
There are often then leftovers. These leftovers are perfect for soups or salads, including this recipe!
This Chinese Chicken Salad recipe is very similar to the one served at the Cheesecake Factory.
It is GOOD, guys!
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups Napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 cup edamame, shelled
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1/2 cup crunchy wonton strips
- 1 bunch scallions, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup mandarin orange slices, drained
- Dressing : combine all ingredients in a Mason jar or jar with a lid and shake until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine romaine, Napa cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, edamame, chicken, and wonton strips. Gently toss and top with scallions, almonds, and mandarins.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and serve immediately. Leftover dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Chinese Chicken Salad
In a large salad bowl, combine romaine, Napa cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, edamame, chicken, and wonton strips. Gently toss and top with scallions, almonds, and mandarins.
Pour over salad dressing.
Toss the salad with the dressing and serve immediately.
This recipe is one of my absolute favorite lunches!