If you love shortbread cookies and/or Earl Grey tea, these cookies are for you!
With the lemon glaze over the top, these little tea cookies are absolutely to die for.
I promise you will love these cookies, just as much as we do!
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup), room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Earl Grey tea leaves
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Blend butter and Earl Grey tea leaves together and allow to sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours, longer is also perfectly fine.
- Once the butter has finished sitting, preheat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set aside.
- Cream the butter and powdered sugar in a stand mixer. Add the flour and salt. Continue to mix until a soft dough forms.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface until it is 1/4-inch thick. Cut out cookies using a 2-inch round cookie cutter.
- Arrange the cookies on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Transfer to a wire cooling rack to allow the cookies to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are cooled, whisk together the glaze ingredients and dip or drizzle the glaze over the cookies, as desired, and place on parchment to set.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies
In a medium-sized bowl, add in some room temperature butter and a couple tablespoons Earl Grey tea leaves.
Blend together and allow to sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
Once the butter and tea leaves have fused together, add butter to the bowl of a stand mixer with some powdered sugar. Cream together until smooth.
Add in a couple cups of flour, along with some salt.
Continue to mix until a soft dough forms.
Place the dough on a lightly floured surface.
Roll out the dough until it is about 1/4-inch thick. Using a 2-inch round cutter, cut out cookies.
Place the cookies on a prepared baking sheet and place into an oven that has been preheated to 350ºF.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
While the cookies are baking, make the glaze.
In a medium bowl, add 1 cup of powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Whisk until smooth.
Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet.
These cookies are so gorgeous!
Drizzle the cookies with the glaze and allow to set completely.
Seriously, so freaking good!