Another day, another fall and cookie recipe.
Apple pie spice is one of my favorites and this cookie SCREAMS apple cider. You will love them and they are so dang easy to make!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons apple cider
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, two minutes. Add in an egg and keep mixing until combined.
- Add in apple pie spice, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until just combined.
- Use a cookie scoop and roll the dough into a ball between your hands. Roll the dough in the powdered sugar topping.
- Place 2 inches apart and bake in preheated oven for about 9 minutes. Leave on baking sheet for a couple of minutes and then allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, combine the apple cider and powdered sugar to make the glaze. Warm if needed. Let cookies cool to room temperature before glazing.
- Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cookies. All to set before serving.
- Glazed Apple Pie Spice Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.