Molasses cookies don’t have to be reserved for Christmas. By adding the pumpkin into the cookie dough, these pumpkin molasses cookies are PACKED with fall flavors and has just the right amount of pumpkin.
These cookies are the softest, most pillow-like cookies I have probably ever had. Then the cookies are covered in granulated sugar, giving them the perfect little crunch.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar + 1/2 cup, for rolling
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, 1 cup granulated sugar, pumpkin puree, and molasses until it is combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, salt, and baking soda. Add flour to pumpkin mixture and beat on low speed until just combined.
- Cover dough and refrigerate until very cold or up to overnight. It will be pretty hard. When the dough has chilled, scoop out dough 1 tablespoon at a time and roll into balls.
- Put back into the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment or silicone baking mats and place the 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a small bowl, for rolling.
- When ready to bake, roll dough balls into the granulated sugar. Place dough balls on prepared baking sheets, 3-inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set, but cookies are still soft in the center. Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to continue to cool completely.
- Pumpkin Molasses Cookies should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
One thought on “Pumpkin Molasses Cookies”