This is one of my favorite salads. You can substitute the radicchio here for arugula if you cannot find it, I know it isn’t the easiest to locate.
The Buttered Walnuts or Pecans are the icing on the cake!
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- 1 head radicchio
- 6-8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups crumbed or grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Buttered Walnuts or Pecans
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- Salad: Gently tear butter lettuce and radicchio leaves, placing them in a large bowl.
- Add the radishes, cheddar, and buttered walnuts/pecans.
- Dressing: In a jar with a lid, combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, pepper, salt, and water. Screw on the lid and shake until it is well blended.
- Spoon dressing to coat the leaves of the salad and toss gently. Serve immediately.
- Apple cider vinaigrette can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.