These walnuts/pecans are the best thing to snack on!
Sweet, spicy, toasted, and crunchy, buttered walnuts (pecans) are best served over a salad, such as my Apple Cider Salad
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, halved
- In a small skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and salt. Stir until melted and well combined.
- Add in the walnuts/pecans and toss to coat. Cook until the nuts become fragrant, 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour onto a sheet of wax paper and cool to room temperature. Crumble walnuts/pecans before sprinkling over a salad.
- Store in an airtight contained at room temperature for up to 4 days.