This is one of my favorite salads ever. The sweetness from the pear slices and pomegranate arils goes perfectly with the peppery arugula and the zip of the apple cider vinegar. You have got to try it!
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 ounces arugula
- 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored, and cut into thin slices
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1 cup Buttered Walnuts or Pecans
- To make vinaigrette: In a jar with a lid, add vinegar, walnut oil, olive oil, shallots, mustard, salt, and pepper. Screw on lid and shake until emulsified. Let sit for a few minutes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until needed and for up to 4 days.
- Salad: Layer all salad ingredients in a bowl, scattering the goat cheese on top.
- Just before serving, drizzle a few spoonfuls of vinaigrette over the salad, just enough to gloss the arugula, and pass the rest of the vinaigrette at the table.