This is probably one of my favorite pasta dishes on earth. The oil mixture with roasted shallots, garlic, and tomatoes is absolutely delicious. Any short cut pasta will work, but I made it fancy with a multicolor arcobaleno pasta. Of course, you can always substitute the vodka with vegetable broth, if desired.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups cherry tomatoes, halved if large
- 1/2 cup vodka (or vegetable broth if desired)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound short cut pasta, cooked to package directions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated + more for serving
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn + more for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet with high sides on medium-high heat. Add the shallots, garlic, oregano, tomatoes, and chili flakes. Cook for 8-10 minutes until tomatoes burst and start to stick to the pan. Pour contents in a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the vodka and tomato paste. Cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes, making sure the tomato paste is completely incorporated. Stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper.
- To the vodka cream sauce, add the cooked pasta, butter, parmesan, and basil to the sauce. Toss until the butter has melted.
- Divide the pasta among plates, drizzle with the reserved tomato/oil mixture, then top with additional parmesan and basil.
2 thoughts on “Pasta Alla Vodka”
This looks fabulous!