Y’all, this one-skillet cheesy stuffed chicken that is smothered in green chiles, is absolutely probably my favorite thing on the planet.
Easy, delicious, and the right amount of spicy, this chicken dish is so easy and perfect!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 slices pepperjack cheese
- 3 jalapenos, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar salsa verde, about 15 ounces
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- fresh cilantro, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Slice the chicken through the middle horizontally to within 1/2-inch of the other side. Open the chicken and spread the two sides like an open book.
- Spread the cream cheese on one side of the chicken, then add the pepperjack, and a few of the jalapeno slices. Fold the other side of the chicken over the cheese and peppers. Place the chicken in an oven-proof skillet. Rub with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle the seasonings over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the remaining jalapeno slices and the onions around the chicken. Drizzle everything with olive oil, then pour over the salsa verde and green chiles.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with fresh cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.
One thought on “One-Skillet Green Chile Stuffed Chicken”